18 Jun Are YOU On Your “Things I Love” List?
I was getting ready to write a Saturday Soultank post and, as usual, started with one of my sassy #MoxieMemo quotes to guide the flow.
This morning, the idea of writing a list of everything you LOVE popped into my mind – so I went with it. I started to write mine down and thought – oh, I am going to add a “ME” spin, THEN – ooooohhhhh my! – I am going to start a series of “Soultank Love Fuel” posts inspiring my darling audience to write a list that focuses on all sorts of things they love – by category like what they love about and doing with their partners, littles (human or furry), best friends… you get the idea. (Welcome to the fuzzy bunny swirlings and twirlings of my mind – lol!)
Okay, back to the list. Well, I started to write a list of everything I love and realized, while it is all about things I love – I wasn’t on the list.
When you slow down and think about this… It truly hits you.
When was the last time you put YOURSELF on your own THINGS I LOVE list?
If you are scratching your head thinking–> “I am pretty sure if you never asked me this questions, I would never have thought to include myself!”
You are not alone. I didn’t immediately think of me, either.
That actually inspired me to think “WHY WE DON’T NATURALLY DO THIS?”
- Loving yourself is a requirement to loving others.
- Loving yourself is a Biblical Principle.
- Loving yourself helps you accept who you are.
- Loving yourself gives you confidence.
- Loving yourself changes your outlook on everything else.
Just like when we fall in love everything around us becomes more beautiful and appealing… falling in love with yourself is no exception!
So, today, take some time to write a list of all the things you LOVE ABOUT YOURSELF.
Here is a list of things to inspire you:
1. Your giggle
2. Your generosity
3. Your spontaneity
4. Your faith
5. Your smile
6. Your human-jukebox skills
7. Your ability to inspire others
8. Your bravery
9. Your truth-telling
10. Your tenacity
11. Your beautiful, open mind
12. Your positive attitude
13. Your passion for personal improvement
14. Your curiosity
15. Your killer doodling skills (like how you can connect hearts together FOR DAYS!)
16. Your cartoon voice
17. Your ability to give others grace
18. Your ability to give yourself grace
19. Your mad karaoke skills
20. Your unique sense of humor
21. Your willingness to change
22. Your intuition
23. Your musical talent
24. Your dramatic
25. Your ability to lift one eyebrow
26. Your warm hugs
27. Your list-making abilities (okay, obsession!)
28. Your dedication to doing something meaningful with your life
29. Your passion for solving problems
30. Your personal style
31. Your silly accent and how it makes your loved ones laugh
32. Your love of animals
33. Your ability to write a list of things you love about yourself ;)
Ready? Set. Gooooooooooooooo!
Want to share your list?
Leave me a comment below or share your favorites online and use #FireMeUp11!