28 Aug My Birthday Gift To You – 2014
Today you are you!
That is truer than true!
There is no one alive who is you-er than you!
Wow! Birthday week was a whirlwind. Thank you for all of the thoughtful cards, note, posts, texts, calls, etc… Social media sure does take “Birthday Mania” to an 11, doesn’t it? Ooooodles of appreciation for making me feel special.
Every year I slow down, even during the thrill of it all, and reflect. R-E-F-L-E-C-T-I-O-N not only reminds me to slow down and soak it in, it reinforces and revisits the blessings I experiences over the past year… and my adventure-filled journey.
2014 has been filled with amazing moments and experiences.
Moments of all sorts.
Many joy-filled. Some sorrow-filled.
All of them lesson-filled.
My perseverance has blossomed.
My dreams have gotten bigger.
My goals have gotten clearer.
My faith has been tested and strengthened.
My patience stretched, broken, and mended.
My visions have been built, crushed, and redesigned.
My relationships have wrecked me and fueled me… and thankfully I knew which ones to embrace and which ones to release.
I know who I am, and what I want, more clearly than EVER before.
I did allow myself to hold on to “things” I knew I should let go of… many of them I have now set free. The rest I will work on this year.
Lifestyle habits that needed changing – changed… teaching me focus and timing are a major part of success.
My goal to encourage at least 11 people every day was a success… not perfect, but a success.
Today, in honor of our connection, the time you invested in me, and our continued journey together… I would love to give a gift to YOU.
For several years now, one of my personal “Birthday Traditions” is to take some quiet time and answer 11 questions about the year behind me, as well as the year ahead. Birthdays are our very own “personal new year“.
Each one of these questions deserves time for reflection, success celebration, and intentional course correction where/when needed.
My heart’s desire is for this to inspire you to answer these questions on your next birthday… or do it now and then revisit the answers on your birthday. I do encourage you to keep your answers concise so you can easily review them throughout the year.
- What was my most joyful experience this past year?
- What was the toughest lesson I learned?
- What was (is) the single biggest time-waster in my life, and how will I deal with it?
- What am I holding on to that I need to let go of… immediately?
- What impact do I want to make on my world this year?
- What is the one fear that is holding me back? *How will I take it DOWN this year… and who will I ask to help me do it?*
- What habit would I most like to establish this year?
- Who are the people I most want to encourage this year?
- What’s the single most important thing I could do to improve the quality of my marriage this year?
- What is the number one thing I commit to doing for my business this year… that will STRETCH ME?
- What’s the most important decision I need to make this year?
I leave you with a video… My favorite line is: “What he does receive are emotions.” We were given emotions to EXPERIENCE life. My wish for you in the year ahead is that it is filled with magnificent experiences. ALL types of experiences.
Thank you, from the tippy tips of my toes to my fiery red mane, for blessings me!