31 May Join Me At WomanUP!® * June 28-29 in Los Angeles #WomanUP
I am fired up and honored to be joining a lineup of 40 speakers and storytellers scheduled to share wisdom at the California Association of REALTORS® (C.A.R.) second WomanUP!® Conference to be held June 28-29 at the JW Marriott LA Live in Los Angeles.
The two-day conference is part of C.A.R.’s women’s outreach program to bring together a community of mentors and leaders to communicate, collaborate, and support one another in the real estate industry.
Last year, C.A.R. hired me to consult on and speak at this inaugural event held in Pasadena, CA. In January of 2018, Sara Sutachan, C.A.R. VP, and I decided to join forces again! The work we are doing together is beyond fulfilling. We have put together a Mentoring Pilot Program, as well as an amazing program for the 2018 WomanUP!® event in June, and have already started plans for a National event in 2019.
Why? you ask. While the real estate industry is predominantly female, women are underrepresented in brokerage ownership and leadership positions both at the brokerage and senior management levels. This was confirmed during research done in 2016-7. Want to see and read the data behind the WomanUP!® movement? Here is C.A.R.’s white paper, “C.A.R.’s Women’s Initiative: How Women Brokers Are Reinventing Leadership in the 21st Century.
Thankfully, and totally aligned with my core values, the WomanUP!® is about making a difference, not complaining about the issues. So, instead of continuing to point out the obvious, this movement is creating a table for women who already own/lead brokerages, women who want to, and everyone else who supports these women on their ownership and leadership journey.
My talk topic this year is “WomanUP!® Your Support“ and will focus on one of the untouched topics – Women Supporting Each Other. I am currently gathering stories of women who have been supported, hired, or promoted by another woman. If you have (and are willing to share your story) please let me know in the comments below or private message me on facebook.com/debra11
Other confirmed speakers include:
- Bahareh Kamoei, Broker-Owner, BBS Brokers Realty
- Barbara Betts, CEO, The Betts Realty Group
- Bernice Ross, CEO, BrokerageUP!
- Brent Thomson, COO, Pacific Union International
- Caroline Pinal, Co-Founder, Giveback Homes
- Carol Facciponti-Malcom, Broker-Owner, Carousel Realty
- Chris Kutzkey, Broker-Owner, John L. Scott
- Debra Trappen, Head of Sass and Moxie, DebraTrappen.com
- Elizabeth Mendenhall, CEO RE/MAX Boone Realty, National Assn. of REALTORS® President
- Heather Ozur, Team-Leader, The Ozur Group, Keller Williams
- Jennifer Branchini, General Manager/REALTOR®, Better Homes and Gardens Tri-Valley Realty
- Jennifer Martin, Operating Principal and Broker, Keller Williams Westland Realty
- Joanna Odabashian, CEO/Team Leader, Keller Williams Westland Realty
- Laura Brady, Founder & President, Concierge Auctions
- Laura Monroe, VP of Growth & Partner Collective, Sequel
- Lisa Schulz, COO & Broker of Record, HomeSmart Evergreen Realty
- Myra Nourmand, Principal, Nourmand & Associates
- Natalie Iaquinto, Director of Agent Development, Modern Broker
- Pam O’Connor, CEO, Leading Real Estate Companies of the World®
- Passion Broussard, Sales Manager, Red Oak Realty
- Pat Heller, Vice President, Pacific Union International (Former Gibson International Division)
- Sabrina Brown, Broker-Owner, Brown & Brown Real Estate
- Sandra Sanders, CEO and Broker-Owner, RE/MAX Estate Properties
- Sandra Miller, President, ENGEL & VÖLKERS
- Sherry Chris, President and CEO of Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate
- Stacy Carter, President and Broker-Owner, First Class Real Estate
- Stephanie Anton, President, Luxury Portfolio International®, Leading Real Estate Companies of the World®
- Susana Murphy, Broker-Owner, ALANTE Real Estate
- Tamara Suminski, Broker-Owner, Beach Real Estate Group
- Tami Bonnell, CEO, EXIT Realty Corp. International
- Tammy Newland-Shishido, Operating Principal of Keller Williams Shoreline
- Terri Murphy, Author, Speaker, Consultant & Communications Specialist, terrimurphyrealestate.com
- Valerie Alexander, tech CEO, speaker, author, publisher and screenwriter
- Valerie Garcia, Speaker & Consultant, valeriegarcia.com
- Steve White, C.A.R. President
- Jared Martin, C.A.R. President-Elect
- Jeanne Radsick, 2019 C.A.R. President-Elect
- Joel Singer, C.A.R. CEO
- Leslie Appleton-Young, C.A.R. SVP
- Anne Framroze, C.A.R. SVP
- Sara Sutachan, C.A.R. VP
I look forward to seeing members of the Fire Up! community there. If you plan to attend, leave a comment below or direct message me on Facebook!