14 Feb Loving Yourself First
Lioness, if you are ready to set your moxie on fire – you are right where you are supposed to be. Grab your favorite beverage and let’s do this!
A few years ago, on a Valentine’s Day, the idea of writing a list of everything I LOVE popped into my mind – so I went with it.
I started to write it out and also encouraged you – my divine Lioness community to write a list, too!
As I reviewed my write list of everything I love, I realized – I wasn’t on the list.
What!? I preach and teach about self-love and self-care and self-confidence.
Why was I not on my mind?
So, I asked all of you about your lists and you said the same thing. I am not on mine either!
Slow down and think about this… let it soak into your soul.
When was the last time you put YOURSELF on your own THINGS I LOVE list?
This series of events inspired me to dig into why we don’t naturally do this…
- Loving yourself is a requirement before we can actually love others.
- Loving yourself is a Biblical Principle.
- Loving yourself helps you accept who you are.
- Loving yourself gives you confidence.
- Loving yourself changes your outlook on everything else.
Just like when we fall in love everything around us becomes more beautiful and appealing… falling in love with yourself is no exception!
So, today, take some time to write a list of all the things you LOVE ABOUT YOURSELF.
Here is a list of things other Lionesses have shared to inspire you:
- Your giggle
- Your generosity
- Your spontaneity
- Your faith
- Your smile
- Your human-jukebox skills
- Your ability to inspire others
- Your bravery
- Your truth-telling
- Your tenacity
- Your beautiful, open mind
- Your positive attitude
- Your passion for personal improvement
- Your curiosity
- Your killer doodling skills (like how you can connect hearts together FOR DAYS!)
- Your cartoon voice (Heather, Schmoobie says HI!)
- Your ability to give others grace
- Your ability to give yourself grace
- Your mad karaoke skills
- Your unique sense of humor
- Your willingness to change
- Your intuition
- Your musical talent
- Your dramatic tendencies
- Your ability to lift one eyebrow
- Your warm hugs
- Your list-making abilities (okay, obsession!)
- Your dedication to doing something meaningful with your life
- Your passion for solving problems
- Your personal style
- Your silly accent and how it makes your loved ones laugh
- Your love of animals
- Your ability to write a list of things you love about yourself ;)
Remember, each one of you is divinely unique. You have spectacular talents and abilities to offer the world. We are all here, in the words of Walt Whitman, “to contribute a verse”… It is time to go out and live your best life out loud, on purpose, and on your own terms.